Saturday 21 July 2012

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars



I have to start off this post with a confession. I didn't actually make this one myself... I showed my husband the link and he did the making, but I was the one who found the recipe. OK, so I didn't actually find this myself either, I re-pinned it from a friend but it was way too good not to share!

Note: this photo was a bit of an afterthought... it was taken after we had already shared the bars with visitors we had earlier in the day. The recipe makes a lot more than what is shown here!

I'm from Canada and the first time I took my husband back 'home' with me he discovered the world of Reeses peanut butter & chocolate products. You can get peanut butter & chocolate combinations over here in NZ (in fact you can actually get the original Reeses peanut butter cups if you know where to go) but the husband still insists the mini Reeses peanut butter cups from Canada are the best.

There are all sorts of recipes and products out there that combine chocolate and peanut butter, but until I took my first bite of one of these bars I never thought anything could compare to those Reeses peanut butter cups... I've never been able to put my finger on what all of the other recipes were getting wrong, but this one gets it all right! These bars are pretty intense, so you probably want to cut them into small pieces – and the recipe makes a huge amount, so in theory they should last for ages. But beware, they're so delicious & more-ish that you'll find yourself picking one up every time you go past them, and since they're so rich so you end up feeling it later!

We've only made this the one time so far, but we have had to instill a new rule because of their allure... These are only allowed to be made at our house if they are being taken somewhere else to share, otherwise I fear mine & my husband's waistlines will expand at an alarming rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment