Saturday 10 January 2015

Welcome to 2015

Looking back at the past year I see that I haven't added to this blog since May 2014... it's now 2015. Oops! I'm not much of a new years resolutions person, but even if I was I can't say I'd resolve to post more in the coming year... we'll just have to see how things go. ;)

Once again I've been doing far more actual crafting this past year than writing about it. I expect this coming year will be similar, with the addition of joining a craft challenge group Iron Craft 2015 over at Just Crafty Enough. I was looking for new inspiration and something to keep me creative and thinking outside of the box. At this point I'm thinking it would be quite possible for me to pop up a quick post showing my craft challenge creation, or maybe a round up every month or two (a new challenge comes out fortnightly), but again we'll just have to wait and see.

But for now I thought I'd whack up a whole lot of photos of a few of my favourite crafts from this past year. I may get inspired to do a write up on some of them in the future, so if there's anything you see that you'd like to know more about leave me a comment and I'll see what I can do.

And happy 2015 everyone!!!!!

Jet Pack
I made a handful of these for the school gala
& they sold out in record time!

R2D2 Crochet Beanie


New dancing bag for the little guy -
a Star Wars drawstring backpack.  
 
Pencil cases.
Great to have around to add to birthday presents etc,
and an excellent way to use up scraps of fabric.

The little miss had a Frozen themed birthday party this year.

Making marshmallow Olaf's at said Frozen party.

I discovered the joy of Spoonflower!
A selection of items I created using custom made Irish dancing fabric. 

Kitty Scoodie
A scarf, hat & pockets all in one!

Crochet Ripple Blanket
A special gift for my Mom.

Toothless fingerless gloves.

The little miss really got into making friendship bracelets this year -
she's done various knotted ones as well as many on her rainbow loom.
 
The little miss learned how to use the sewing machine, and did a pretty good job too!

I've done a lot of crocheting for a great organisation called Little Sprouts.
They give out baby packs to families in need, and these cowls were
included in some of the packs as a little gift especially for the mums.

DANCING! So much dancing!
I made the little guy a new dancing vest and a new busking costumes for the little miss.

Lots of new PJ's have been made.

Lollipop lips & mustaches.
These were another hit at last years school gala and are
great party favours or just for fun treats. 


Both kids got new curtains, Star Wars for the little guy and 'fancy'
green & gold ones for the little miss - hers were a bit too tricky to get a good photo of though.

The little guy had a How to Train Your Dragon
party this year.

Toothless costume for the birthday boy!

I made this crocheted collar as a practice in case I decide
to put one on the little miss' next dancing dress.
I love how it turned out and had to find a use for it!


A king/knight's costume for the little guy.

Cookies!
Christmas dresses & clovers for the end of year dancing show and Angry Bird cookies for a bake sale.

Many more things were made throughout the year, and I'm sure many more will be made this year. Hopefully I manage to document a few more in the next little while though.


No comments:

Post a Comment