Wednesday 19 September 2012

Cookie Monster Knee Patch

I knew my little guy would give me more opportunities to make more monster knee patches, but I didn't think I'd be doing it again quite so soon!

I noticed a hole in the knee of his blue track pants, but hadn't planned on doing anything about it since: a) they're track pants, b) he's almost outgrown them, and c) the legs aren't any bigger than the last pair I patched up and hence will not be any easier to fit over the sewing machine arm... And then while putting the laundry away my husband said "Did you know these have a hole in them? You should make a Cookie Monster patch - they're the perfect colour!" He then proceeded to tell me how he thought I should do it. Now my husband doesn't normally show much enthusiasm for my crazy craftings, so it didn't take too much persuading on his part to make me cave...

I'm not sure if it's because I knew what to expect, or because the track pants have more give to them, but I didn't have to do too much fighting with the sewing machine this time. I still didn't have any white polar fleece or felt, but I did have some thick & durable white curtain lining which is thermal coated and doesn't fray. Hooray! I used the lining for the large white eyes (one of which is covering the actual hole) and added a little black polar fleece for the googly part of the eyes and the mouth.

It was pretty quick, pretty easy, and free! Oh, and pretty awesome if I do say so myself. But most importantly the little guy seems quite pleased with them. ;) Too bad the pants are a bit pilly and almost too small for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment