Saturday 25 August 2012

September Sort It

Oh that's right, I have a blog! Oops.
It's just as well that this post is all about September Sort It...

A couple of blogs that I follow (One Crafty Mumma & A Collection of Thoughts) are embarking on a mission to use September to sort stuff out! The idea is to make a list of 30 things that you plan to sort out during the month. For me it's stuff that I've been meaning to do (or that the husband has been at me to do) that I just haven't gotten around to yet. I made sure that my whole list wasn't made up of cleaning jobs - I've also included things that I've been wanting to do just for me. So if you're one of those people like me that have an ever growing to do list, why not try and conquer it during September? There's still a few days left to get going on your list. :)

It took me a while, but I finally got my list completed. For those who are curious here it is...

  1. Clean all unnecessary items off of the kitchen bench. (This may need to be done a few times throughout the month based on how quickly stuff accumulates there!)
  2. Go through the Little Miss' closet & remove everything that is too small or that no longer gets worn.
  3. Clean out the 'baking' shelf in the pantry.
  4. Look for a new set of dishes to replace our old set.
  5. Tidy & organize the hair accessories (& other random stuff) shelf.
  6. Make space under my bed to store the Little Miss' Christmas present (she's getting a new bed - shhh it's a surprise!)
  7. List the kids' art easel on Trade Me (they NEVER use it & it takes up way too much space).
  8. Sort through my clothes & get rid of all the things I no longer wear.
  9. Update photos of the kids on Picasa.
  10. See the Living Cloaks exhibition at Te Papa. 
  11. Sew baskets for the pantry.
  12. Re-stock the freezer with baking for lunches.
  13. Get a new passport! (Not that I'm planning on going anywhere, but with most of my family overseas I figure it's best to always have a valid one in case of emergency.)
  14. Mend everything in the pile of clothes to be mended.
  15. Investigate class times for Yoga-Pilates classes and book in.
  16. Sort through the cloth nappies & get rid of the ones that are no longer any good.
  17. Decide what to do for the Little Guy's 3rd birthday party. :)
  18. Sort through all the stuff being stored in the Little Guy's closet.
  19. Give the shower a really good scrub.
  20. Try to revive the sad, wilted potted flowers from the kitchen & re-plant out in the garden.
  21. Make more large storage baskets for the Little Miss' room.
  22. Make a list of who we're giving Christmas presents to this year.
  23. Plan out the Little Miss' Irish dancing dress (the real competition one - she's been practicing what to do at competition in class, so it won't be long now!)
  24. Choose new photos of the kids to replace the old ones in the lounge.
  25. Go shopping for clothes - for me, not the kids!!!
  26. Make a time to have a good catch up on Skype with my bestie in Canada.
  27. Weed the garden.
  28. Start weaning the Little Guy from using his soother during the day.
  29. Find more Thomas socks for the Little Guy.
  30. Actually take all of the excess clothes etc to the goodwill bins (or throw out those that are no longer good).
Wish me luck & happy sorting everyone!

(Update: as suggested by the husband, I will italicize and colour each line as I complete it. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'll get more done if I have people to answer to if I don't!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon - found you through A Collection of Thoughts! I have been following Tamar forever!!! I'll be joining in September Sort It - just have to finalise my list then I will post it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I have found you too - good to find other kiwis! Must do the Sept. sort it too!

    ReplyDelete